Friday, September 17, 2010

Whats the best instrument to remove thermal compound from CPUs, North Bridge Chips etc?

I hear that I can use ArctiClean but need some tomorrow (Thurs GMT) , and can't find anywhere local to London where on earth i can pick some up. Alternativly, I think I can use Isopropyl Alcohol. any one know if this is well-mannered to use or not?

Whats the best instrument to remove thermal compound from CPUs, North Bridge Chips etc?

You can use alcohol but use it SPARINGLY. Wet teh tip of a clean soft cloth and wipe beside the cloth, stay off the resistors.
I purely use the regular, drug store variety rubbing alcohol. It seem to work just fine. Put a short time bit onto a paper towel and use the towel to wipe away the thermal compound.
home search a scam

No comments:

Post a Comment