Tuesday, September 21, 2010

When I defragment my computer it keep starting over and take forever to defragment.?

How can I prevent the computer to hold on to starting over defragmenting my computer disk?

When I defragment my computer it keep starting over and take forever to defragment.?

With XP? sounds more like an aged Windows 98 system. Either way, boot to protected mode and run it there. Takes longer but get done.
I do experience this in yesteryear..There is some programs such as screen saver are working in the framework. You have to locate the programs and disable them.
Close adjectives background programs and close everything you can surrounded by the system tray. Then try again.



I've never known XP do this. Have you get 98 or earlier? That be notorious for restarting defrag continually.
Make sure zilch is running except the defragmenting. Make sure all programs within the background are closed and not running.
try from safemood
1. Click Start> Run>

2. type CMD >

3. Type chkdsk /r press enter, it will offer you a prompt to schedule a disk check on the subsequent restart,

4. Type Y and press Enter

5. Restart your computer.

It will run a check disk on the computer when it restarts; it generally take about 15 minutes to complete.



once finished try running the Defragmenter again, should work after.

No comments:

Post a Comment