Friday, September 17, 2010

Whats the best video card for a 300watt power supply?

I own a dell 510..win Xp..1 gig strike...pent dual core..power supply 305 watts..19in LCD..(junky radeon x300 128mb card)



I wanted a latest video card like radeon x1950 pro but i entail a new power supply and who know what else? That card is around $200 which is my budget but then i'd own to get a strange power supply.

Should i wait till i acquire a new computer so i can go and get a card with directX 10?? Get a power supply and cheaper card? Or WHATS the BEST card for a 300 watt power supply??

Whats the best video card for a 300watt power supply?

Power supplies surrounded by the 400-500w range are not extraordinarily expensive. But, I don't recommend getting any 'cheapy' budget PSU as they tend to drift farther from the +/-5 +/-12v rail - which can rationale your components to crash prematurely.



You have vague what type of interface you have (AGP, PCI-E).
If i be you, I'd wait a month and gather up for a new PS and graphics card. Then I'd install it myself so I didn't seize ripped off by the general public or best buy or where ever your buying it from. A 300 Watt PS is pretty stunted for gaming. If you want to build a gaming PC you need at smallest a 450 watt PS, but I'd recommend a 550 watt.
You need to buy a apposite power supply. I'm not sure if the one in the dell will be mundane size, you would have to check. You could trade the computer and use the money to buy a new one.
Get approaching a 1650 pro uses only 75 watts at full power. Unless you want to upgrade power supply too

No comments:

Post a Comment